PinnacleHealth projected that over the next five years there will be 27,000 patients living with cancer in the midstate area. For this reason they hired H. Edward Black and Associates to develop a master plan for their new Ortenzio Cancer Center located on eight acres adjacent to PinnacleHealth West Shore Hospital.
Phase 1 of 3 included a 25,500 square foot building, parking, a healing garden and a walking trail linking to the hospital. The plan provides for two horizontal expansion areas as well as a vertical expansion and additional parking.
Services provided include:
- Master plan design
- Site analysis and building placement
- Concept design
- Utility design
- Storm water management design
- Roadway design including connection to Cumberland Technology Park
- Planting design – including Tranquility Garden
- Erosion and sedimentation control design
- Government agency approvals and permitting
- Construction Administration